Most power generation stakeholders readily acknowledge that today’s industry has an unsustainable business model. It typically wastes between 50-70 percent of all input energy, losing another 6 percent or more of net generation during transmission and distribution.
PEER, Performance Excellence in Electricity Renewal, is USGBC’s new rating system for power generation facilities. It provides a framework for the important new designs and upgrades that today’s power generation industry so badly needs. Modeled after LEED, PEER provides energy professionals with a comprehensive understanding of how to define, assess and provide sustainable power to buildings.
PEER will have a strong presence at the upcoming Greenbuild 2015, taking place in Washington, DC, Nov. 18-20.
Along with a live microgrid showcase area on the show floor, the PEER booth will bring together the thought leadership behind the PEER rating process. This is a unique opportunity to engage with the PEER team to learn about the rating system and its potential impact on business, and to gain insights on how it can be applied.
- Visit the PEER Booth (#4331) in the Net Zero Zone: Nov. 18: 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Nov. 19: 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Additionally, we encourage you to join us for candid conversations and in-depth discussions with the PEER leadership team:
- John Kelly, Founder and Lead Innovator, PEER; Topic: Development of PEER; Nov. 18, 10:30–11:30 a.m., Nov. 19, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Jamie Statter, Vice President, Strategic Relationships, USGBC; Topic: PEER Business Development and Partnerships; Nov. 19, 10:00–11:00 a.m.
- Brian Bunte, PEER Lead, GBCI; Topic: PEER Professional Education; Nov. 18, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m., Nov. 19, 12:30–1:00 p.m.
Don't miss these additional PEER and PEER-oriented programs at Greenbuild:
- PEER Fundamentals Workshop
- PEER: The Next Step in USGBC’s Quest for Energy Innovation
- Presentation of the Bob Galvin Award at Leadership Luncheon
- Remaking The Grid: How Decentralized Energy Systems Will Re-Shape the Built Environment
- Next Generation of Certification: LEED v4, WELL, SITES, PEER and GRESB
- Building a Regenerative and Resilient Campus. A Connect and Learn focusing on LEED v4, SITES and PEER